[mythtv-users] DVD playback issues

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:03:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 28 November 2009 07:20:52 am greg wrote:
>
>> There's been a lot of chatter on this list about DVD play back lately..
>> Check out the list archive.
>
> Yes I know, but that doesn't make it legal in the US, I have just been
> assuming that the people involved in such discussions all live where it's
> legal, or are using unencrypted DVDs.
>
> Including log segments showing libdvdcss in use may not be the best idea.

Ok so I've tried to focus on the actual error message:

playCtx, Error: Attempting to setup a player, but it already exists.

But I'm not finding anything that seems helpful. I see archive posts
suggesting that i switch to the builds repo - my mythfrontend is
already built from source.

I went and read the source code on where this error is thrown from and
that wasn't very clear to me either:

00360 bool PlayerContext::HasNVP(void) const
00361 {
00362     QMutexLocker locker(&deleteNVPLock);
00363     return nvp;
00364 }

Any help on this would be appreciated. Where as I can play this in
VLC, I am unable to slow the DVD drive down and it's way too loud by
default. I'd like to use the internal player since I can use
setup-->video settings to adjust the DVD speed.

HELP!!