[mythtv-users] Scanning channels from commandline

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:37:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Glenn Sommer <glemsom at gmail.com> wrote:
> That doesn't seem to be related to mythtv in any way.

Sorry your top posting confused me. Please don't.

The ubuntu package for the standard dvb command line scan app is named
dvb-apps. It obviously can't directly import channel info into your
database. However it can produce a channels.conf file, which I think
you MAY be able to import into myth via mythtv-setup (I have
recollection of seeing a "import from channels.conf" or similar.)

I can't point you to any command line utility within mythtv to
automatically scan for channels sorry.