[mythtv-users] Why does playback only use 1 core on some BluRay movies?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Nov 23 16:06:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> Yeah, but I'm still on 0.21 at the moment, and an upgrade would not be
> trivial (I have 4 myth systems, and a lot of customizations).
> Transcoding is a lot less painful at the moment.

How about the JYA backport of .21-fixes with VDPAU? I found that a painless
upgrade when I was running .21-fixes. VDPAU really helps and is worth the
small bother to get working. Most of my customizations were at the OS level
and were not affected, the Myth specific configs also worked fine, though
the upgrade to .22 did cause some minor hassles to get working properly.