[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Encoding Errors Running 0.22

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Sun Nov 22 22:01:34 UTC 2009

John P Poet wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what else is happening on the computer when these
> glitches appear?  What is the system load?  Are there any processes
> consuming excessive amounts of system resources?

In my case not much.  It is a dedicated FE & BE.  It's happened at
different times of the day.  Cpufreq is using the ondemand module with
sensitivity to upscale set at 31.  Top is usually showing about 5% used
@ 1000Mhz for the backend with some blips of the hdpvr_buffer kernel
task using 1% of the cpu.  If the frontend is running with VDPAU, I
usually see another 3-5% usage there if it's displaying a recording.
I've turned off all other services that I can.  It's running just udevd,
lircd, watchdog rsyslogd, acpid, sshd, irexec, wpa_supplicant and
dhclient for it's wireless adapter, ntpd, smartd and of course mysql.
It also has PVR250 and a PVR1250 card.  I'm trying to transition off the
250 to the HDPVR.  That's not in use when the HDPVR is.  The 1250 is
usually only busy in the evenings for OTA recording.  It has 2GB of RAM,
so I don't see alot of swapping.

Alan