[mythtv-users] PVR-350 won't record without reboot

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 22 13:35:56 UTC 2009

On 11/22/2009 02:19 AM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 02:03:40 -0500 (EST)
>     > From: f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
>
>     > Look for a message from Ian Armstrong from almost exactly a week ago
>     > about xf86-video-ivtv.  I'm not sure (because I haven't done the
>     > research) which X.org version broke the framebuffer, so I'm not
>     > sure how much of a problem this is going to be.
>
> Btw, this bit of brokenness was partially why I asked danielk why he
> dropped support---I wondered if somebody'd gotten screwed by it, then
> said, "the 350's broken in recent distros/0.22/whatever", and that
> motivated him to punt it from Myth.  But I'm getting the feeling it
> was just a coincidence. :)  [It may also have only been an issue for
> Fedora 12 Beta, but I don't use Fedora, so I don't track that.]

Ah, yeah.  The plan to drop PVR-350 decoder support has been on the
books for a couple of years, now.  Daniel just waited until another
official release occurred so that users didn't see any "unexpected" loss
of functionality.  This means that PVR-350 decoder users have a whole
release cycle to get "real" equipment.  ;)

Mike