[mythtv-users] PVR-350 won't record without reboot

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 22 01:59:20 UTC 2009

On 11/21/2009 11:17 AM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 09:16 -0500, greg wrote:
>
>> I have been using the PVR-150 cards for 4 years and of all the cards I
>> have, it is the most reliable..It has never missed a scheduled program.
>> I am on Ubuntu 9.04 and svn Myth 0.22...
>>   To the OP,my understanding is the support for the 350 has been dropped.
>> The reason given, there's no one to maintain it, and none of the dev's
>> have one.....
>>
> Only the video output portion has been dropped in trunk, and it is still
> present in 0.22 if you are using the card for video output. As a
> recorder the PVR-350 uses the same core chip as rev 1 of the very
> popular PVR-250 and it uses the same driver as the also popular
> PVR-150 and PVR-500. They will be supported by MythTV so long as
> they are supported by the DVB-V4L project.

And note that MythTV trunk can still use the PVR-350 TV out with the
ivtvfb module and Xv video output.  So, all you lose on the PVR-350 is
the anachronistic 480i60 (576i50 for PAL) MPEG-2 decoder--where even toy
CPU's can decode standard definition MPEG-2 at 50/60 fields per second
without breaking a sweat.  It's not 1999, anymore.  :)

(That said, though, I /highly/ recommend getting a real video card,
because, well, it's not 1999, anymore.  And, the OpenGL support in a
real video card adds some nice features for the UI.)

Mike