[mythtv-users] One channel produces "killer" shows

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Nov 21 04:07:54 UTC 2009

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 11:04 AM, Patrick Doyle wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Kevin J. Cummings
>> <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:
>>> Yes, Channel 7, WHDH, NBC, was having problems with viewer reception in
>>> some areas on the frequency they were using (VHF 7), so they went back
>>> to they frequency they used during the analog/digital simulcast (UHF 42).
>> ok, I'm curious... how do you know that?  Do you work in the industry,
>> or is there some mailing list or web resource dedicated to propagating
>> such information to the 17 or so folks outside of the industry who
>> might be interested in such information?
> I happened to be watching Channel 7 news right after the digital
> switchover, when they announced that they were having problems with
> their signal.  At the time, they had switched from channel 42 back to
> the old analog frequency of channel 7, as it had been planned for them
> to do so.  Now, if you look at the frequency they are using, its channel
> 42.  It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to assume why they are broadcasting
> back on channel 42....

There is a *LOT* of information in the on-line searchable database
maintained by the FCC at

One of the  'hide their light under a bushel' changes made by the coders
at Schedules Direct in the recent past, is that the Limeup 'Report'
button, gives you a listing of your Limeup, including both the
'Advertised' and the Actual Channel numbers. IE: They call themselves
"2-1" but are on '39'. Useful for scanning, or even just trying to
figure out what is where, especially when you have things like "35"
broadcasting on '36'.