[mythtv-users] One channel produces "killer" shows

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Nov 20 16:10:30 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 11:04 AM, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Kevin J. Cummings
> <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:
>> Yes, Channel 7, WHDH, NBC, was having problems with viewer reception in
>> some areas on the frequency they were using (VHF 7), so they went back
>> to they frequency they used during the analog/digital simulcast (UHF 42).
> ok, I'm curious... how do you know that?  Do you work in the industry,
> or is there some mailing list or web resource dedicated to propagating
> such information to the 17 or so folks outside of the industry who
> might be interested in such information?

I happened to be watching Channel 7 news right after the digital
switchover, when they announced that they were having problems with
their signal.  At the time, they had switched from channel 42 back to
the old analog frequency of channel 7, as it had been planned for them
to do so.  Now, if you look at the frequency they are using, its channel
42.  It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to assume why they are broadcasting
back on channel 42....