[mythtv-users] mythfrontend issues

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:29:51 UTC 2009

I recently ran an update on my systems.

My frontend then hit 100% CPU usage while idle on the menus and
transitioning between menus is really slow. The fading between menu options
took like 15 seconds each.

The issue turned out to have been caused by opengl being set to the xorg-x11

However, once I switched to the nvidia opengl the frontend would nolonger

I tried a rebuild of myth that did not help the matter.

When I reverted back to the old nvidia drivers (190.36) the issue went away.


The drivers that caused the issue are 190.42-r3, gentoo also made me install
libvdpau when using these drivers so I am not sure if that had any effect on

I have to head to work so I don't have the time to troubleshoot the issue
and I don't have any information on why the frontend would not start as I
was not running it from a console.

I'll try to get more information later when I have a chance.



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20091120/0abbac80/attachment.htm>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list