[mythtv-users] One channel produces "killer" shows

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 20 05:39:59 UTC 2009

I have a weird problem that I haven't seen any mention of.
I can play shows from all channels except for one - CBS.
I thought I just had one bad recording but I've learned
that all recordings of all shows on the channel are "bad".

It doesn't hurt the frontend, but it makes the backend
incapable of playing any other show until I re-start
mythbackend. The backend doesn't hang; it responds and
records, but just can't play anything.

The backend log doesn't show much of anything when
its trying to play.

I've tried removing a recording rule and re-entering it.
The new shows that it records kill it too.

I assume there's something messed up in my database
but I haven't a clue how to find or fix it.

Anyone ?