[mythtv-users] Some Fanart not loading?

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Thu Nov 19 10:22:09 UTC 2009

On Wed Nov 18, 2009 at 09:58:52PM +0000, Robin Hill wrote:

> On Wed Nov 18, 2009 at 12:24:55PM -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > Yes in my mind this is a big problem that ought to be addressed.
> >
> > Sorry, but as far as "big problems" go, this is way, way, way...
> > way... WAY.... down the list.  There are real functional and setup
> > issues that take a much higher priority than this kind of thing.  As
> > ever, people writing code are stretched to the breaking point, and
> > still doing it a) to work on what interests them, and b) for fun, and
> > patches are always very gratefully received.
> >
> I've had a look into this issue, and it looks like it only occurs with
> storage groups.  The code is checking modification times of both cache
> and original files, and flushing older files from cache.  The problem is
> that, with storage groups, the original file is remote so this lookup
> fails.
>
> This means the frontend will need to query the backend to retrieve the
> modification time for every image from a storage group.  I'll have a
> look into how to do this (looks like there's already a command to
> retrieve that so there should be no need to bump versions).

A little more complex than I thought, but I've got a patch that works
for me (see http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7615).  This requires
updating both frontend & backend to work - updating either individually
shouldn't break anything, but the cache update won't work unless both
are updated.

Cheers,
    Robin
--