[mythtv-users] sanity check or repairing DB for 0.22 upgrade.
andersonas at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 01:09:08 UTC 2009
Sanity check please.
I have one master backend mythbackend version: 0.21.20080304-1 and three
front ends. I have had the same data base for 5 or more years. Typically
when I upgrade I backup /var/lib/mysql upgrade the version of fedora and
restore /var/lib/mysql. So far it has always worked. I have backups of
mythconverg but never needed them. I also run the script
When I tried to install V0.22 I ran into the following scheme update issue.
ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;
Driver error was [2/1283]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
Database error was:
Column 'filename' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index
Every time I start a front end the error occurs.
From my understanding this is issue where some UTF characters got into the
data base when everything should be latin1. I need to do a partial restore
to fix this. I need to fix the data base before I can upgrade to V0.22.
So I put everything back to v0.21 of mythtv
In my attempt to fix this corruption I do the following:
service mythbackend stop
Run mythconverg_backup.pl to backup the database
service mysqld stop
tar up /var/lib/mysql
mv /var/lib/mysql /var/lib/mysql-old
service mysqld start
recreate the db
# mysql -u root mysql
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('PASSWD') WHERE user='root';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/database/mc.sql
run mythtv-setup reconfigure the tuners schedules direct etc The local
backend is 192.168.123.20 ports 6543 and 6544 The master backend is
192.168.123.20 port 6543 on the general setup screen.
allow access to the front ends
$ mysql -u root -p mythconverg
grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.123.%" identified by "mythtv";
Do a partial restore
mythconverg_restore.pl --partial_restore --filename=filebackedupabove
service mythbackend start
But the front ends can access the database but not the master backend.
The mythfrontend.log says its trying to connect to 192.168.123.20 6543 and the
tcpdump confirms this. The master BE resets the connection attempt.
I have also tried all three IP address for the front ends into the data base.
The setup on the frontends is saved so the database part works. Why the
rmaster backend is not listening on the correct port bothers me.
If I stop mysqld and mythbackend put the old database back in /var/lib/mysql
start everything back up its working.
So what silly thing am I doing wrong and where does mythbackend gets its port
beside from mythtv-setup?
Running on the old data base the FE's get in on port 6543. But mythbackend
listens on tcp 6543 6543 and udp 6549
# netstat -anp | grep mythbackend
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:6543 0.0.0.0:*
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:6544 0.0.0.0:*
tcp 0 0 192.168.123.20:6543 192.168.123.22:40112
tcp 0 0 192.168.123.20:6543 192.168.123.22:40117
tcp 0 0 192.168.123.20:6543 192.168.123.22:40116
tcp 0 0 192.168.123.20:49877 192.168.123.230:65001
tcp 0 0 192.168.123.20:6543 192.168.123.22:40111
tcp 0 0 192.168.123.20:49878 192.168.123.230:65001
udp 0 0 255.255.255.255:1900 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 184.108.40.206:1900 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:6549 0.0.0.0:*
unix 3 [ ] STREAM CONNECTED 9740 2349/mythbackend
unix 3 [ ] STREAM CONNECTED 9728 2349/mythbackend
unix 3 [ ] STREAM CONNECTED 9726 2349/mythbackend
unix 3 [ ] STREAM CONNECTED 9672 2349/mythbackend
More information about the mythtv-users