[mythtv-users] jamu xml version

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Nov 18 15:26:34 UTC 2009

On Wed Nov 18, 2009 at 10:00:11AM -0500, Doug Vaughan wrote:

> Paul,
>     The message is only a warning so if jamu is working for you then
> ignore the message. The Ubuntu python xml library has a very weird
> version number (41660) rather then what you have (0.8.4) so I could not
> trust an exact version check.

It depends on whether you have xmlplus installed.  The core python XML
library has a revision number as the version (41660),  but this is
replaced by the _xmlplus version number (0.8.4) if this is installed.
On gentoo, the _xmlplus library is installed by the pyxml package.  It's
probably best to check for either value (0.8.4 is the minimum xmlplus
version supported by xml 41660).

Cheers,
    Robin
--