[mythtv-users] Disabling fanart for a folder in MythVideo

Eggert Thorlacius eggi at menandmice.com
Tue Nov 17 20:57:04 UTC 2009

Hello

My video directory looks something like this:

Childrens movies/
   A bugs life.iso
  Wally.iso
Movies/
   3:10 to Yuma.iso
   Star Wars/
       A new Hope.iso
       The Phantom Menace.iso

Using the new themes in 0.22 I get fullscreen fanart when I select one of the movies in MythVideo, which looks very nice, but it seems that when a folder is selected, MythVideo finds the first file in the folder that has fanart and uses it for the folder.  So when I select "Star Wars", I get fanart for "A new Hope" (which is cool), but when I select "Movies", I get the fanart for "3:10 to Yuma" (presumably because it is the first in the alphabetical order), and for "Childrens movies", I get fanart for "A bugs life".
Is there any way to turn off fanart display for a specific folder?  MythVideo also displayed a folder icon for these folders which I got rid of by placing a black "folder.jpg" file in folders, but I can not find any way of turning off these recursive fanart searches.   All the metadata was downloaded by jamu if that is in any way relevant.

Regards,
Eggert