[mythtv-users] 0.22 VDPAU video doesn't reappear after xscreensaver

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 02:31:16 UTC 2009

2009/11/16 Norm Dressler <mlists at dressler.ca>:

> Since upgrading to trunk almost a month ago I've been dealing with an
> irritating peculiarity.

About 1 in 4 attempts when starting a video ; when using VDPAU all I
see is "Please wait ..." . If I exit and restart, then it works again
(sometimes it would fail again).

This has been an ongoing problem in trunk and 0.22 for quite a while,
it's related to the display order with Qt.. It has been greatly
improved once Mark Kendall found a fix, but it didn't fix all issues
unfortunately.