[mythtv-users] Recording Snapshots?

Joe Wilson wilson.joe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:15:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 18:09, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/14/2009 07:28 PM, Joe Wilson wrote:
>> In my recordings the snapshots are nothing but 1x1 pixel in size.. they
>> come
>> in a variety of browns?
>> Im curious as to what could be causing this problem..
> Known issue with analog frame grabbers for a long time.  You get the color
> of the upper left-most pixel.
> Mike

Thanks for the quick response to my post.
It appears as though Im in need of updating some of my hardware, which is
passed do. But until then I have tossed together a cronjob to take
since i don't appear to be having a problem with mplayer or ffmpeg from a
I know its not the cleanest way of doing it but it is working for the
moment, so until
I can replace my tuner, it will have to do.. lol

                                  Cheers, Joe Wilson..

# Take snapshots of all nuv files found
# in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings
cd /var/lib/mythtv/recordings
for f in *.nuv; do ffmpeg -i $f -an -ss 00:00:30 -an -r 1 -vframes 1 -y -f
image2 -s 400x300 $f.png; done