[mythtv-users] Recording Snapshots?

Joe Wilson wilson.joe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:15:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 18:09, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/14/2009 07:28 PM, Joe Wilson wrote:
>
>> In my recordings the snapshots are nothing but 1x1 pixel in size.. they
>> come
>> in a variety of browns?
>> Im curious as to what could be causing this problem..
>>

> Known issue with analog frame grabbers for a long time.  You get the color
> of the upper left-most pixel.
>
> Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the quick response to my post.
It appears as though Im in need of updating some of my hardware, which is
long
passed do. But until then I have tossed together a cronjob to take
screenshots,
since i don't appear to be having a problem with mplayer or ffmpeg from a
terminal.
I know its not the cleanest way of doing it but it is working for the
moment, so until
I can replace my tuner, it will have to do.. lol

                                  Cheers, Joe Wilson..

#!/bin/bash
#
# Take snapshots of all nuv files found
# in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings
#
cd /var/lib/mythtv/recordings
for f in *.nuv; do ffmpeg -i $f -an -ss 00:00:30 -an -r 1 -vframes 1 -y -f
image2 -s 400x300 $f.png; done