[mythtv-users] Scientific Atlanta 3250 and an IR blaster

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 06:36:59 UTC 2009

Does anyone have a Blaster and this STB working properly? Mine seems
to miss a channel change about 20% of the time and it always is the
first digit. The STB shows the time and once it receives a signal it
shows the channel. This process seems to cause my issue. I figured I'd
just add a "select" to a irsend command in my change_chan.sh script
and a sleep 1 but this doesn't seem to wake the box. Also if anyone
has this working what is your sleep delay between digits? Or would I
be wise to move to firewire instead to change the channel? If so, is
this more reliable and is there anyway to tell if the firewire port
works on the STB?

Thanks