[mythtv-users] Low power FE/BE CPU

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 23:42:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Within a given family (e.g. 9xxx or 2xx) you are generally going to
> increase processing power and power dissapation as you go up. The
> newest 210 and 220 cards are lower power and aimed at home theatres
> etc. whereas the GTX 295 is a huge beast that would pull down nearly
> 300 watts on its own.

ok, so now I'm looking at 210 and 220 GT cards.  I like the thermal
dissipation of the 210 (listed as 30.5W on Nividia's web page).  It
seems to me that the 220 GT is a little hot (58W, compared to the 47W
of the 8600 GT).  But the wiki doesn't list anything about
compatibility for the 200 series except to state "everything newer in
the 8xxx, 9xxx and 2xx series should work if the driver supports the
card".

Any thoughts regarding the 210, the 8600 GT or the 220 GT?  How could
I answer questions like this myself without pestering all of you?

--wpd