[mythtv-users] MythMusic database upgrade failure

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 13 06:45:51 UTC 2009

On 11/12/2009 10:02 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> That certainly got things running but does the new version 0.22 only look
> for new version tags? Some of my stuff that I ripped 7-8 years ago isn't
> being entered into the database correctly (it all ends up in unknown) but
> recently ripped stuff is OK. Is there some way I can read the old
> music_songs table into the database without getting into a mess with the
> other tables?

Might be better off looking for some kind of tag editor/updater.  If all
the data is in the tags, but the wrong format, it seems it would be
possible to script a fix for it (given the right tool--which someone who
knows a thing or 2 about music tags will have to help you find, as I
don't know anything).

Mike