[mythtv-users] Massive upgrade headaches continue

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 03:24:13 UTC 2009

> So, now I don't know of any reason that you might lose audio--except, maybe,
> some lower-level/system configuration issue.

I have been seeing something similar since I moved to Mythbuntu 9.10
and .22. But it happens randomly and I haven't had a chance to track
down what is going on. Sometimes when I start a recording there will
be no audio. I finally figured out that the "front" channel was being
muted. I just have analog stereo and myth controls the Master and PCM
volumes. So I am not sure what is muting the "front" channel. I just
open alsamixer and bring the "front" channel all the way up and things
are fine. Also sometimes I will see a black volume notification pop up
on top of the recording right when it starts. It doesn't look like it
is from myth, I assume this is part of the new Ubuntu notification
system. It has only happened 3 or 4 times so I haven't been able to
look into, since I can't consistently recreate it.