[mythtv-users] Massive upgrade headaches continue

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Fri Nov 13 00:47:57 UTC 2009

Thanks for the quick replies!  I know a lot of this stuff is not
directly Myth related, sorry to clutter the list.  I resolved the
issue with the 1080p output by disabling EDID and uising a custom
modeline from the Myth wiki.  I removed all the old libs and
reinstalled the backend, looks like that cleared up the problem with

mtdean at thirdcontact wrote:

> > The main issue that I am having now is that sometimes sound will drop
> > out when watching a recording and never return.
>
> This happens when using ALSA in such a way that PulseAudio is re-enabled
> after Myth suspends it (and it will mute when you skip/jump and possibly
> in other circumstances).
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/397932#397932
>
> Mike

Hmm, I checked the referenced thread and the solution seemed to be
remove asound.conf, which I don't have. I don't know if it related,
but when I start playback I get 16 instances of
AO: dropping back audio_buffer_unused
in the log.  The only pulseaudio package I appear to have on the
system is libpulse0, I would love to remove it but it appears that the
myth packages have it as a dependency (or a reverse dependency, either
way it wants to remove myth if I remove libpulse).  I assume the
change from 9/19 (http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21945) is in
0.22-fixes?  Is there a way to purge pulse from a Mythbuntu system to
avoid this issue?