[mythtv-users] Tmdb queries have stopped working (API version?)

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 11 21:43:54 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 11 Nov 2009 20:31:30 Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > As of tonight, my attempts to download metadata from TheMovieDb have stopped working.
> >
> > This appears to be because tmdb have changed their API to version 2.1. The script on my setup is using API version 2.0.
> >
> > I edited the tmdb.pl script to print out the URL it is trying to access, and when I put that URL into firefox I get 'The Requested URL /2.0/Movie.search was not found on this server. After some research I was able to format the request into the correct format for API version 2.1 and I can retrieve that data from firefox.
> >
> > Is there a version of this script that works with the new API? If not I'll have a bash at doing it myself.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark
> No, To the best of my knowledge the API server is just in a state of
> flux, the 2.0 API has not been turned off.  See my other post earlier
> re: supporting our grabber sources-- Travis is paying for the servers
> out of pocket, which doesn't leave much left over for
> redundancy/guaranteed uptime.
> Expect these issues to continue as he rolls out the newer API (again,
> as I understand it the old API will remain) and if he continues to run
> short financially.  Try again every few hours.
> Robert

OK Thanks. If it helps, I made the script work, to an extent so far anyway.


> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list