[mythtv-users] jamu not downloading tv series info

Stuart Larson halcyon at obfus.com
Wed Nov 11 15:27:25 UTC 2009

> Am I missing a step? Do I need to rename the file in a certain manner in
> order to get the info?

Don't know if you've looked through the Wiki page:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu

There's some info there on proper (or expected) file naming.

I had to rename my episodes like this:

Showname - seasonXepisode.avi  (for example: House - 1x03.avi)

To do this easily, I used a utility called tvnamer.py that will look up
the show name and give you a choice of which show your files are from.  As
long as the show name and episode number are in the original filename, it
seemed to work well.  To get it started you may have to rename one of the
first files you do in the correct format.