[mythtv-users] jamu not downloading tv series info

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:20:17 UTC 2009

Guys,
I have full seasons of my favorite TV shows in mythvideo as .AVI files. Jamu
doesn't seem to be downloading info for the shows, no matter what I try. But
since I am no expert in jamu, I am sure I need to try something else that I
haven't tried. The following is what I did and what I got:

* Each episode has it's own title. Say for example, the TV series name is
ABC, but the episode title is XYZ.
* Putting XYZ (episode title) doesn't fetch anything, so I changed it (under
Edit Metadata) to ABC, then changed season 1 and episode 1 below it.
* Doing this, I get error saying
* tvdb_api.py, tvdb_ui.py, tvdb_exceptions.py, cache.py all need to be in
the same folder.
* I copied the above files from the svn folder to the folder
/usr/local/share/mythvideo/scripts/..... where other .PY files exists
* After this, when I do download Metadata, I do not get any errors, but
nothing happens.
* I checked on thetvdb.org, and they do have the TV show that I am trying to
find info about.

Am I missing a step? Do I need to rename the file in a certain manner in
order to get the info?

Thanks,
Ash.