[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:38:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Matthew Zimmerman <mzimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:43 AM, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess I should ask, are there any unbuntu users with 0.22 that are NOT
>> having this problem as described in the original post? Or is it just the
>> select few on this thread?  I would assume this would be getting more
>> attention if it were every ubuntu user.
> Running on Mythbuntu 9.10, I see not even 1% cpu usage on idle.
> MythTV Version   : 22750
> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
> Network Protocol : 50
> Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
> QT Version       : 4.5.0

This problem likely shows up only on lesser-powered frontends, so it
might be useful to describe more frontend details.  My system is a
diskless (NFS) Zotac IONITX-C (1.6 GHz single-core Atom), running 0.22
trunk r22784, based on MythDora 10.21, kernel 2.6.27.9-159.fc10.i686,
theme blue-abstract.  I see 3-5% CPU utilization when sitting on the
main menu with TZ set.  I haven't seen issues with different screen
resolutions.

Jim