[mythtv-users] nfs pauses

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 21:36:33 UTC 2009

2009/11/10 Yianni Vidalis <yiannividalis at hotmail.com>:
> Hi.
>
> I am facing a strange problem lately and I hope someone here can provide
> some insight (or a solution....).

you didn't say what type of computer you were using, but try ssh:ing
in to your frontend box from another computer and start iptraf and go
to detailed interface stats and select your ethernet interface.
leave it running and then test your playback.

i know it sounds weird but this "trick" makes my epia m10k frontend
work just fine with fedora 11, no periodic pausing as long as iptraf
is running with interface stats counting.
this problem didn't always exist and i am pretty sure its kernel related.
i saw a post and patch about something with the via drm thingy that
was broken somehow and it was supposed to be fixed in 2.6.31 kernel.

older kernels have worked fine so its a problem that have shown up in
the latest few kernel versions.

(resending because last mail bounced with some error about the mail
man dying with signal 9 or something)