[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Nov 10 20:46:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Any remote that works with a serial receiver ought to work just as well (if
> not better) with an mce usb transceiver.

My Sky Navigator remote alledgedly uses the RC5 protocol, but in my
experience the timings are a bit too weird (I could only get it working
in raw mode under lirc).  So I have been working off the theory that
"smart" IR receivers (e.g. USB based things) are probably a bit too smart
and will expect the remote to do a standard protocol.  I don't have any
actual experience of non-dumb receivers though to back this assumption up.

--

  - Steve