[mythtv-users] Change Channel Number?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:40:27 UTC 2009

2009/11/9 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 11/09/2009 06:21 AM, Christian wrote:
>>
>> I am wondering what the right method might be to change channel numbers.
>> E.g., EIT data is only collected if I let mythtv search the channels and
>> let it suggest the unique channel ids/channel numbers. Every time I typed
>> in numbers of my own, it did not work...:-/
>>
>> I'd like to assign channel numbers like on my current TV - but how?
>
> Edit the channel /number/ field in mythtv-setup or mythfrontend or MythWeb
> channel editor.  Do /not/ edit the frequency ID (freqid).  This /should/
> work--though I don't use EIT, so I can't verify there's not a bug in EIT
> that breaks EIT data handling if you change channel number.

My 0.22-fixes backend with DVB-T and DVB-S has had all channels
renumbered after scanning (scan was carried out pre 0.22 release) and
am receiving the usual week's worth of listings data via EIT.

As Mike has indicated, do /not/ edit anything apart from channel
number (channum). Leave chanid/freqid/serviceid well alone.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott