[mythtv-users] Myth sound confusion

Chris Stevens chris at mindblow.co.uk
Mon Nov 9 16:00:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I had a fully working installation of mythtv trunk (svn latest today)
with sound output to Alsa:Default. This was on Mandriva 2009.1 using
pulseaudio. All worked no problem.

I upgraded the os from Mandriva 2009.1 to 2010.0, and (whether using the
existing myth build or completely recompiling) there was no sound. Aplay
worked and everything else worked. ALSO, myth produced a pulse
connection and you could see the volume bars moving. Just no sound.

There is no /etc/asound.conf or anything.

When I changed myth to use ALSA plughw:0,0 it worked, BUT there is no
pulse connection.

Can somebody tie up the loose ends here?

Chris