[mythtv-users] HDMI and analog audio and Vizio

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Mon Nov 9 15:39:39 UTC 2009

I have a Vizio DFP TV that I conect to my mythtv system using HDMI
(adapter) from a Nvidia 8600GT using DVI. I think that card has the
capability to convey digital audio but I'm not using that. Instead I am
using analog audio out to the TV. But it seems that the TV is not using
the analog input and (I speculate) expecting digital audio via the HDMI.
There is no setting in the TV to force using the analog audio input. I
have tried the procedure outlined in
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Analog_Sound_DVI_to_HDMI to try
force the card to not send a null digital audio signal but the Vizio
still won't use the analog input. Is there anything else I should be
looking at to get the analog input to work?

john