[mythtv-users] Transcoding recordings and moving them to mythvideo

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 7 13:29:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've googled this subject but I can't seem to find an answer.

I've got a bunch of films I've recorded from TV which I would like to
(a) move from recordings into mythvideo, so I don't lose them and so that I get the mythvideo metadata and
(b) transcode them to xvid in the process, so as to save disc space.

What I do currently is download them to my laptop using mythweb, transcode them with AVIDemux, and then copy them back to my myth box. This is becoming slightly more tedious every day :) Is there a script or something that integrates nicely into the mythtv GUI that would let me do this? I've googled mythtranscode but I can't see how I can use it to do what I want.

Thanks,

Mark