[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.10 LCDServerHost able to edit in database?

Douglas Mackay douglas.mackay at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 20:37:55 UTC 2009

2009/11/6  <steve.goodey at bt.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if someone can help me please.
>
> Can anyone give me a clue about editing the entry LCDServerHost in the
> database? From this post

> I need to change it to 127.0.0.1. I have the userid and password for mysql
> but am unable to find the commands to allow editing of the required field,
> which does not appear to be editable in mythweb.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Steve
>
> Background. I have a clean install of Mythbuntu 9.10, combined front/backend
> on a Scaleo E which has a VFD display. Now the display is almost working. On
> power up it shows Scaleo E, after a few minutes the lcdproc server screen
> appears and when mythfrontend starts the display shows date/time. But I am
> unable to get the display to show anything else apart from date/time. I have
> enabled the display is setup, appearance, lcd device display.
>
> The log from mythfrontend -v network,socket shows Connecting to lcd server:
> localhost:6545 (try 1 of 10) (try 2 of 10) etc up to 10.
> Syslog shows LCDd: sock_send: socket write error.

Thought it only me that had the problem. The LCDServerHost value might
not exist in you database (it didn't in mine).

In the settings table within the mythconverg database there are three
fields :- value, data, hostname so to add the LCDServerHost setting
you would create a new row with
value=LCDServerHost, data=127.0.0.1, hostname=<think this can be set
to null to apply to all hosts or you can specify an individual host>

I used phpMyAdmin to insert the value to the settings table however
you you should be able use the mysql tools to do the same.