[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Thu Nov 5 17:49:11 UTC 2009

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

> On 11/04/2009 02:13 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> * On Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 02:08:01PM -0500, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
>>> Personally, I'd prefer the last watched position autosaved,
> Action on playback exit
> - Just exit
> - Save position and exit
> - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
> - Always prompt (including Live TV)
> - Prompt for Live TV only
> If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback
> mode.  The options available will allow you to save your position,
> delete the recording, or continue watching.

There are conditions, at least in 0.21, where playback can exit
without the menu coming up. For example, if you have a network
glitch and you get timeout on the video stream. It would be soooooooo
nice to have that position saved.
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants                 (519) 650 0660
539 Grand Valley Dr., Cambridge, Ont. N3H 2S2     (519) 241 2461
--------------- http://www.ajlc.waterloo.on.ca/ ----------------