[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 4 22:14:16 UTC 2009

On 11/04/2009 04:44 PM, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
>> So you want, "Save position and exit."
> I thought that might exist somewhere.
>> INFO|Play from...
> Actually, that one isn't so obvious.  If I highlight the episode and
> press Enter/Select, it does not do that.  And I'm not going to get
> into the habit of hitting Info instead of Select, I don't believe, so
> only half of the equation was in place.
>> Yeah, my plan includes preview pixmaps--probably something similar to
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6322 (but mythui/fully
>> themable--I'm not sure if #6322 has been updated with mythui/theming
>> support).
> If you have to push Info to get to it, I doubt it will be very
> friendly.  If instead, you Select it from a list, and if bookmarks are
> present, you then display that menu, otherwise play from the
> beginning, then it would be perfect.

I would agree that changing it so that you get the popup with SELECT if
a bookmark is present makes sense (especially in light of the problems
with arrow-key accelerators).  Users wanting to just play can hit
PLAYBACK (P) (and it will play from bookmark, if bookmark is set or the
beginning otherwise).