[mythtv-users] Going from FF to Playback

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Nov 5 17:17:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 01:51:34AM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/04/2009 05:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
> That's exactly how both my 0.21-fixes system and my trunk system
> works (just tested both of them to make sure).  When in FFWDSTICKY
> and:
> - I hit P (PAUSE), it pauses.
> - I hit Space/Enter (SELECT), it resumes playback
> - I hit Ctrl+P (PLAY), it resumes playback

Try pressing INFO instead of the other keys to stop FF in 0.21 and
then in 0.22.  When I used to use an IR keyboard instead of LIRC, I
had issues for which I don't remember the details with SELECT binding,
so I got in the habit of pressing INFO to exit FF.  It took awhile to
retrain my muscle memory to stop doing that when I switched to

> So, if something did change between 0.21-fixes and 0.22-fixes, it
> must have been something which only happened with some (non-default)
> combination of the millions of untestable settings combinations.  ;)

I do have some personal tweaks in tv_play.cpp, but I don't think any
should affect this.  My main point was that there is still
considerable room to improve the key handling, especially with respect
to overloaded keys in different contexts.

David Engel
david at istwok.net