[mythtv-users] Going from FF to Playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 5 21:55:32 UTC 2009

On 11/05/2009 12:17 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 01:51:34AM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 11/04/2009 05:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
>> That's exactly how both my 0.21-fixes system and my trunk system
>> works (just tested both of them to make sure).  When in FFWDSTICKY
>> and:
>> - I hit P (PAUSE), it pauses.
>> - I hit Space/Enter (SELECT), it resumes playback
>> - I hit Ctrl+P (PLAY), it resumes playback
> Try pressing INFO instead of the other keys to stop FF in 0.21 and
> then in 0.22.  When I used to use an IR keyboard instead of LIRC, I
> had issues for which I don't remember the details with SELECT binding,
> so I got in the habit of pressing INFO to exit FF.  It took awhile to
> retrain my muscle memory to stop doing that when I switched to
> pre-0.22.

That I didn't try.  I was mainly curious about whether the PAUSE/PLAY
behavior changed because his description of what P does now and your
description of what SELECT does matched my memory of how it worked in

I will give it a try tonight (when I turn on the DLP bulb for actual TV
watching :) and see if I can find what changed.

>> So, if something did change between 0.21-fixes and 0.22-fixes, it
>> must have been something which only happened with some (non-default)
>> combination of the millions of untestable settings combinations.  ;)
> I do have some personal tweaks in tv_play.cpp, but I don't think any
> should affect this.  My main point was that there is still
> considerable room to improve the key handling, especially with respect
> to overloaded keys in different contexts.

Yeah, it sounds like it may have been his LIRC config that changed or
similar, based on his latest reply.