[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.04 occasionally not writing files, and losing schedules

Bruce H McIntosh scotsman at afn.org
Thu Nov 5 13:57:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 20:50 -0500, Bruce H McIntosh wrote:
> I recently built a new myth box with Mythbuntu 9.04...

> The box periodically logs shows as recorded, but when we try to watch
> the recordings they don't come up; the box says it can't find the
> file.

Ah, HAH!  A little detective work showed that the problem with the shows
not being there after supposedly being recorded indicated that the
issues were only with ABC hi-def broadcasts off the cable box's firewire
port; the analog recordings were just fine.  A reboot of the cable box
fixed *that* problem.  Next time I get a chance I'll put that database
scrubbing script in as a cron job and see if the box doesn't start
retaining the schedules again.  Thanks all!