[mythtv-users] Going from FF to Playback

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Nov 4 22:26:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:45:50PM +0000, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> I've just installed 0.22 (mythbuntu) on a new PC and am loving VDPAU
> playback.. but I digress. I was previously running 0.21 and the
> behaviour of my remote has changed, or more likely I've forgotten
> which option to select to get the behaviour I want. When I'm in Fast
> Forward (sticky), and I press Play, I want to go to Play mode but
> mythtv goes to Pause mode instead. My old 0.21 installation did not
> do this. I've examined all the options I can find but I can't find
> the one which does what I want. Can somebody help?

Press SELECT to resume play mode.

Daniel reorganized the key handling awhile back and a number of "fall
through" paths changed because of it.  For example, another change is
pressing INFO in FF mode now brings up the position OSD without
stopping FF mode.  Previously, it used to stop FF mode.  I'm not sure
if that change was intended or not.  Either way, I'd like to see
another reorganization of the key handling to make better use of
contexts to avoid problems like this.

David
--
David Engel