[mythtv-users] WANTED: A patch to restore the right arrow menu

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:22:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 5:39 PM, William <william_munson at comcast.net> wrote:
> right now, we can control everything without having to push separate
> device buttons to control the various parts of the entertainment system.
>
> William

You are free to setup your system however you like, but that sounds
horribly confusing and non-intuitive to me.  Having multiple peered
components controlled through a single device setting on a single
remote means your family has to remember which buttons work with the
DVD player and which other buttons work with MythTV and which other
buttons with with the TV and which other buttons work with the
receiver and so on and so forth.  Wouldn't it be easier if you mapped
ALL the relevant MythTV buttons (and only MythTV buttons) as a single
device on the remote.  Then do the same for all the other components.