[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Wed Nov 4 01:18:12 UTC 2009

I think your list is pretty comprehensive and makes a lot of sense
towards better usability.

The only one I disagree with is:

-Playback-
Alternate clear and save bookmark (true)
Clear bookmark on playback (true) (false once we have multiple bookmark support)

I would want the clear bookmark on playback to be false. That is how I
save my position. Either by setting a bookmark explicity or being
prompted on exit to save a bookmark. Clearing it on playback would
defeat the feature. The clear option, if left as false, could even be
deleted. If the option does not exist, the workaround is to enter
playback, clear the mark, exit playback, enter playback. That would
clear the condition for the rare case that someone set a bookmark
accidentally.