[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10, multiple problems

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Nov 3 16:25:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Robert Dyer <psybers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
> >> 1. Auto login doesn't work.
> >
> > Mythbuntu-control-centre has options for that. It stopped working when I
> > upgraded as well. Just go in there and turn it on again.
>
> I also had this problem, however the config dialog in
> mythbuntu-control-centre was 'locked' and it refused to unlock (for
> me).

I needed to use the *root* password, the user password wouldn't work. I
actually had to go to a shell and use "sudo passwd root" to set a root
password as my install didn't have one. I found that odd as Ubuntu generally
uses the user password. Nothing wrong with editing the config files manually
though. :)