[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10, multiple problems

Robert Dyer psybers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 23:10:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
>> 1. Auto login doesn't work.
>
> Mythbuntu-control-centre has options for that. It stopped working when I
> upgraded as well. Just go in there and turn it on again.

I also had this problem, however the config dialog in
mythbuntu-control-centre was 'locked' and it refused to unlock (for
me).

If you need to manually enable it, add this section to your
/etc/gdm/custom.conf file:

[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLoginEnable=false
TimedLogin=<USERNAME>
AutomaticLogin=<USERNAME>
TimedLoginDelay=30

Of course, if that section already exists just add/update those
entries.  Also note that I am doing a timed login, so change it
accordingly.

- Robert