[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10, multiple problems

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Nov 2 22:39:24 UTC 2009

Hello all. I upgraded from mythbuntu 9.04 to 9.10 using the update manager.

Now I have some issues:

1. Auto login doesn't work.

2. vdpau doesn't seem to work, even though i have nvidia 185 drivers
(geforce 9500 512mb card) - frontend just freezes and i have to kill it
from the command line

3. My pvr-500 recordings suddenly don't take up the full screen. There
is a big black border on both left and right sides, and a very small
black border on bottom. This is just all of a sudden and affects all
recordings done now and old recordings.

4. All fonts seem to be locked at small. Since my couch is about 15'
away from my tv, we increase the font sizes 3-4 pts, but that doesn't
seem to work anymore. Fonts in the watch recordings are small, the
guide, the osd, everywhere. Just can't seem to enlarge them.

5. Watch recordings screen no longer plays little video in the corner.
Now i just see a screen shot.

All of these issues are happening on both my master backent/frontend,
and my frontend laptop. Exactly the same issues!!!

Any ideas? Am I the only one who has encountered them? Any help is
greatly appreciated.

-Thanks
Steve