[mythtv-users] 0.22 MythVideo MetaData Grabber

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:12:24 UTC 2009

> According to this page (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing)
> it doesn't look like it will parse correctly, but I wanted to ask "real
> people" just to be sure.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks!

There are lots of ways to rename/reorganize your media. I believe Jamu
will do it for you with the right command line switch. Also if you are
off too much for Jamu to do it, then I have used, programs like
mediarenamer or tvnamer.py before:
http://code.google.com/p/mediarenamer/ &
http://github.com/dbr/tvdb_api. Both of them will let you rename in
mass and it will pull the correct names from thetvdb.com and from
themoviedb.com. That way you know the names will work properly for the
mythvideo grabbers.