[mythtv-users] Please help with WAF!

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:11:58 UTC 2009

> But IMO it seems like the option should be there to enable this
> kind of functionality. I would much rather her kill a recording every now
> and then over spending $200+$120/yr. Or at least prompt her to watch the
> recording while it records.

If she is watching live tv it will prompt her to watch it when it
starts a recording. If it is already recording and she wants to stop
it or watch it in progress then you can do both from the watch
recordings screen. The show that is recording will be be a different
color and it will be at the top of the list in watch recordings. Just
hit play to watch it while it is still recording. To stop it, hit the
"info" button and choose delete. Preferably you would want to choose
delete and allow re-record. The down side of this is that you may
actually have to reschedule the recording, and I don't know of an easy
way for you to know what she deleted. And obviously there may not be a
chance to record some things again.

> As for the audio, I have checked on both screens in mythfrontend and running
> alsamixer and both are already set to 100%. I did find it odd though that I
> actually have to use /dev/dsp for output in order to get any audio though.

Have you checked the volume on all of the devices? Many of my systems
the volume is controlled by two sliders, usually Master and PCM. But
sometimes it is PCM1 or PCM2 or even Headphones once. So you need to
check all of the sliders in alsamixer and make sure you know which
ones actually affect your volume. Then in mythtv settings choose the
right setting to control within mythtv. I generally have my master
volume up to 100% and mythtv actually uses PCM to change the volume.