[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers 185.18.14 now out, ubuntu mythtv packages update ...

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 29 10:01:15 UTC 2009

I have tried to follow the instructions at
http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/5/28_How_to_upgrade_to_nVidia_drivers_185.18.14.html

What is not clear to me is

1) Which repository am I to use?  I am running 9.04.  I installed:

Testing packages are built with debugging information allowing to track bugs more easily.  echo "deb
http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos intrepid testing" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/avenard.list

OR Should I be using

Packaged in bleeding repository. Contains packages that will replace system files.  echo "deb
http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos intrepid bleeding" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/avenard.list

2) How do we check that "Warning: you must always have "release" enabled, for testing packages to install properly"

3) Possibly the above answers will also clarify:

How to upgrade:
Start synaptic
Click on "Reload"
Click on "Mark All Upgrades"
This will prompt you that nvidia-glx-180 and nvidia-libvdpau-180 will be uninstalled. That's okay.
Do not click Apply yet.  {OK TO HERE}
Mark to install nvidia-glx-185  {Filter on NVIDIA} =>Not in the LIST so how do we select it?