[mythtv-users] Thoughts on Hauppauge Wintv Pvr 150 Mce

Jason Vincent just.ice at lycos.com
Thu May 28 15:39:15 UTC 2009

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi all

I am located in the UK and have cable with VirginMedia, but after reading the archives on VM's encrypting of their content and voiding the contract agreement if you use other devices other than their own, I've decided to buy a card that receives Freeview and use that instead.

I have been looking at the Hauppauge Wintv Pvr 150 which appears to be a tried and tested card and has gotten good reviews.

Before I go out and buy it though I was wondering:

1) Could I just buy that card and receive Freeview?
2) Would I need an aerial to receive it?
3) If so, would a small one that I could mount inside the house be sufficient or would I need a large, external one?
4) Is there some other card that would allow me to acheive my aim of getting started with MythTV without connecting up using VM cable?

Thanks