[mythtv-users] Can not get slave backend tuners to work

john blue rwc at bestpond.com
Sun May 24 06:54:24 UTC 2009

On Sun May 24 2009 08:24:22 kim Gross wrote:
> I had a major crash, of my master backend.  Took a week to repair
> (waiting for parts), so I setup mysql on the slave backend and promoted
> it to master.  It works fine.
>
> Finally got other backend working, set it up as a slave. Added tuners
> into database from slave, everything seems to be fine.
>
> Slave tuners are listed as unavailable in status.
>
> I have made sure that real IP's are setup on all machines.

> I have restarted both backends.
>
> Fedora 10 up to date with atrpms mythtv packages up to date.
>
> Any ideas?

I had similar problems with changing my system. I did a fresh install on the
better system as a combined frontend/backend, and then setup the old master
as a slave.

I had a problem with the two tuners in the backend as always being not
available!! I did everything rebooting, removing & re-installing cards and
finally re-read through the various instructions.  Yes I looked at mysql.txt
and checked that the master ip address was the same on both machines, it was!

Then I did a search for mysql.txt and found another  copy in /root/.mythtv as
well as that in home/mythtv/.mythtv   I had not anticipated that there were
two copies on the slave machine. Needless to say the copy I found had the old
ip address and not the new master ip.  A quick edit, reboot and all tuners
are working well again.

HTH
John

> Thank you.