[mythtv-users] Can not get slave backend tuners to work

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 24 15:30:20 UTC 2009

On 23/05/2009, kim Gross <kgross at jensalt.com> wrote:
> I had a major crash, of my master backend.  Took a week to repair (waiting
> for parts), so I setup mysql on the slave backend and promoted it to master.
>  It works fine.
>
>  Finally got other backend working, set it up as a slave. Added tuners into
> database from slave, everything seems to be fine.
>
>  Slave tuners are listed as unavailable in status.
>
>  I have made sure that real IP's are setup on all machines.

i) Can your slave machine connect to the database on the new master
backend by both IP and name?
ii) Do your mysql.txt/config.xml files on the slave machine point to
the correct database host and use the correct user/password
credentials? Are you running the mythbackend process on the slave as
the same system user that you ran mythtv-setup as?
iii) Do you see any error messages in your slave mythbackend's logfile
when it is started and tries to connect to the master backend?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott