[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:43:19 UTC 2009

> Prior to Josh's patch I had _serious_ delay problems...occasionally
> delaying for minutes.  There's no question that his ffmpeg patch
> addressed the bulk of the problem.  As I posted earlier, I still
> occasionally (though rarely) get minor delays with the remote...maybe
> 5 to 10 seconds but they're rare, and for whatever reason, only when
> 720p recordings (ABC or Fox).  Since the last post I made I've
> upgraded the frontend and backend to rev 20500 of 0.21-fixes but I
> still get this occasionally.
>
> I still think all of this is related to xorg-server 1.5.x.  Most
> people on this thread started getting the issue after (for example)
> upgrading Fedora, which included that xorg upgrade.  In my case, it
> started after a Gentoo upgrade where xorg-server was in fact the
> _only_ upgrade that wasn't trivial.  The ffmpeg issue that Josh's
> patch addressed was obviously there for a long time and, at least in
> my case, caused no problems prior to the xorg upgrade.

I am in the same boat.  Prior to Josh's patch Myth was basically
unusable because I was getting very long delays.  I had no problem for
about a month but lately I am getting these 5 to 10 second delays.
The strange thing is that I have not upgraded anything in the system
in that month.  The only difference I can think of is that the disks
are almost 85% full (1T total on 2 disks) where a month ago they were
probably 50% full.  Could that be an issue?

Allen